The tower was first built in the early 19th century and it is a classic sample of the traditional defensive architecture of Mani. The tower was fully renovated in 2018-2019 with great care preserving its architectural elements and history. It offers all the modern facilities respecting the region’s rough and unpretentious way of life. Its unique location on a small hill outside the settlement ensures unique privacy, tranquility and quietness. The sea view from all its terraces and suites is spectacular. It is ideal for reading and writing, relaxing, sleeping, day-dreeming, sun-bathing being immersed in nature and away from commercial touristic areas.
From references it appears that was first build at about 1825 and then after about 40 years a maintenance took place.
The thick stone walls (about a meter wide) provide heat and thermal insulation without the need of air conditioning.
It is a three-story tower with two adjacent buildings. The reconstruction has created three separate and completely autonomous apartments:
- The Tower suite consisting of the two upper floors of the tower.
The top floor of 22 sq.m. (third level) is a specious bedroom with its own large bathroom. The second floor also 22 sq.m. (second level) is a vaulted living room with a kitchen, a bathroom and built sofa that can accommodate an extra person.
The floors are connected with a small stone internal staircase. The apartment can accommodate three people in total.
- The Ground suite is a two-room apartment of 65 sq.m. and consists of a bedroom of 22 sq.m.
(which is the first storie of the tower) with a double built-bed with its own bathroom and an adjoining large room of 43 sq.m. that functions as a living room. The room has a kitchen, a large bathroom, a double bed and a built-in sofa.
The apartment can accommodate five persons in total.
- The Water Suite: This room is a reconstructed old cisterna used for the water supply. It is now an independent room of about 30 m² with its own bathroom and kitchen. There is a double bed and a single bed. It can accommodate three persons.
The facility is located near the settlement of Korakianika next to the beautiful seaside village of Kokkala in East Mani (Lakonia Prefecture). Kokkala is a small village with a very very mild touristic structure, quiet and serene.
Set on a small hill, 800 meters from the sea, it offers a private accommodation close to the amazing whitewashed beaches of the village. The access to the tower is from a short (400 meters) dirt road. Access is easy (except for particularly low cars) and does not matter.
- The distance from the largest town of the area (the historical Areopoli) is approximately 25 km, about 30 minutes drive.
- From Kalamata airport the distance is 107 km, about 2 and a half hours drive.
- From Athens “Eleftherios Venizelos” Airport the distance is 324 km, about 4 hours drive.
- Stone patio
- Sun terraces
- Outdoor showers
- Air Conditioning
- Free wi-fi in all areas
- Safe deposit box (Tower and Ground suites)
- Washing machine (Ground suite)
- Filter coffee machine
- Electric kettle
- Electric hotplate
- Kitchen utensils
- Shampoo, body wash
- Toilet paper
- Summer blankets, duvets
- Hypoallergenic pillows
- Memory-foam mattresses
- Water heaters